This week I'd like to share some movies that have inspired me lately. This is not all inclusive, as I am a huge movie watcher. Just some of the recent ones.
2. Marie Antoinette - Such romantic clothes. Love the colors.
4. Moulin Rouge! - Definitely out there, but such a great movie. Some people aren't a fan, but I enjoy the movie. Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor do a great job and I love the arrangement of modern songs. The sets are so elaborate, and I do love when Nicole Kidman plays a redhead. (REDHEADS ROCK! I am one, so I know.)
5. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - A children's story with edginess. Definitely not a Disney movie. While I would say that this movie does not do the books justice, I do like the stylization. I don't particularly care for Jim Carrey's overacting, but that's usually a given with him.
6. The Holiday - For the music. Good storyline, but the music makes me melt.
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Yeah, I watch this movie over and over. I can't help it - I love nearly everything that Tim Burton does, and this is no exception. When it first came out, I was appalled that anyone would try and redo the beloved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but this movie is delightful and a little dark at times. And,I love the oompa-loompas even more.
8. August Rush - Another movie with a beautiful soundtrack and sweet storyline.
9. Peter Pan - I love how this version focus more on the transition of child to young adult, which I find to be the them of the original story.
10. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - So magical. I love the character of Mr. Magorium - he's so childlike yet wise at the same time. This is a great story about believing. And, Natalie Portman's pixie cut is too cute. Plus, the main music piece is stunning.
BONUS: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland - I know, I know. It's not even in theaters yet. But it's already inspiring me. I cannot wait to see it.
And, if you haven't seen the trailer, enjoy.